Monday, December 21, 2009

A Merry Christmas Update

I haven't been the active blogger I aspired to be when signing into the blog world but I wanted to update the fanbase :) ...I have been very busy!

Today, I am thinking about Christmas and how wonderful the world looks this time of year. I love the many messages of this season. Peace, joy, merriment, love, happiness, giving, salvation, new birth etc. Such a blessing, really, to live where we do and have this season.

The past weeks have been so busy but here is a highlight:

For Jon's birthday we went to see In the Height downtown and it was awesome. This show has many character developments that make the story great but the message of community is so inviting. The music was awesome and everyone commented on my new motivation to rap after the show :) I highly recommend watching!
Here we are after the show. Jon, Jen, Me, Maddie

Jon has now moved on in life as a college graduate!

The dynamics have changed in our office since the students have left for break. I can honestly say I miss having them around. Working for a University has been great because you tend to surround yourself with fantastic people. It's encouraging.

My team had a great Christmas party together the Monday before break; here are some snapshots from our night:

Mike, Stephanie, Matt, Ben

Ashli Hanna has returned to the USA!!!! After her 11 month mission trip, she has returned and visited Olivet in last two weeks. It was great to catch up and see her after so long. We went ice skating in Chicago and shared a couple meals together; it was a lot of fun!













Hanna, Me, Alysha


Merry Christmas!!!!! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. aww merry christmas and happy new year to you too matt!!! Miss yo face.

    ReplyDelete