Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My TV guide

Guilty as charged, I enjoy watching TV. To some critics, I may watch too much TV but in comparison to the average (6 hours a day per household); I am a copasetic (pardon my slang)!

Nonetheless, I am always embarrassed to list the shows that I enjoy watching because I use my fingers to count those shows and the embarrassing part is when it requires both of my hands to name them all. In my justification I have reasoned that there are two people in this TV land: People who watch TV and People who don't; poetic right?

I enjoy talking about the lastest topic on Brothers & Sisters or lavish over what Jack Bauer did in the latest episode of 24. My TV guide is very diverse with drama, action, romance, comedy and suspence. I understand completely that these shows are fiction and have nothing to do with my behavior; I guess the problem is when it affects my behavior. Speaking of affecting my behavior, I am sure my most annoying days are Thursday-Friday when I can't stop singing the latest Glee song!

I guess my question for reflection is should what we watch on TV be a reflection on a persons character? Why and Why not?

Now for what you have all been waiting for and in no particular order:

This Season:

1. Glee
2. Office
3. 30 Rock
4. Hardball with Chris Matthews
5. Brothers & Sisters
6. The Big Bang Theory
7. The Daily Show
8. The Colbert Report
9. Heroes

Next Season:
1. 24

Classics:
1. Friends
2. Soon to be Glee :)

Soon to be watching Glee 9/8c,
mcb

2 comments:

  1. oh matt bowman - can i give a thumbs up and a "like it" to this one?!? i could spend days watching the shows you just listed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a reflection of the person's character but each individual show doesn't have to completely mirror who you are. Example: Watching heroes doesn't mean you have superpowers or are a budding superhero. It could just mean you want to do good. (Even though I totally wish it meant I have superpowers.)

    But yeah, that's what I think. Nice choices for shows!

    ReplyDelete