Monday, October 26, 2009

Satisfied?

I haven't the experience or education to be a theologian therefore my credibility is based on my personal common sense and personal reflection which dictates that this verse is completely encouraging.

Solomon writes in Ecclesiastes 3:9

"What do workers gain from their work? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything Beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from the beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their work--this is a gift from God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it."

I have been sharing this verse with my High School students interested in becoming an Olivetian. My hope is that each student takes inventory of personal gifts and callings while determining the next step in their journey. Anyone can "do good;" its more tricky to be satisfied.

I believe that a persons satisfaction is user-specific; engaging the personality of the possessor.

Therefore...my simple inspiration is to walk on the route of satisfaction by living as best as I can; I wonder if google maps has created a street view for that? :)

mcb




1 comment:

  1. hi matt!!! (p.s. this is suzanne :)
    welcome to the blog world - i'm a follower.

    come back and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete